His Word Friday (October 14)
(1) What shall we say (to all this)? Are we to remain in sin in order that God's grace (favor and mercy) may multiply and overflow?
(2) Certainly not! How can we who died to sin live in it any longer?
(3) Are you ignorant of the fact that all of us who have been baptized into Christ Jesus were baptized into His death?
(4) We were buried therefore with Him by the baptism into death, so that just as Christ was raised from the dead by the glorious (power) of the Father, so that we too might (habitually) live and behave in newness of life.
(5) For if we have become one with Him by sharing a death like His, we shall also be (one with Him in sharing) His resurrection (by a new life lived for God).
(6) We know that our old (unrenewed) self was nailed to the cross with Him in order that (our) body (which is the instrument) of sin might be made ineffective and inactive for evil, that we might no longer be the slaves of sin.
(7) For when a man dies, he is freed (loosed, delivered) from (the power of) sin (among men).
(Romans 6: 1 - 7 AMP)
This meme hosted by Nicole is for sharing God's Word through verse, chapter or passage.
For more participants please visit Nicole at Coming Alive in Christ.