Wednesday HodgePodge (September 7)


If you would like to participate please visit Joyce by clicking on the button.

1. What is one piece of advice you would give a 'just-turning' 21 year old adult?
A- You may save yourself years of headache/heartache if you wait to get married and have children. Your life is just beginning, it's not true that it's almost over. Take that missions trip to Jamaica, that's what is important.

2. Besides cooler weather (or warmer weather, depending on your hemisphere) what is one thing you are looking forward to this fall?
A- I love switching over my Spring/Summer clothes for Autumn/Winter clothes. It just puts a new step in my life.  Fall is also the time for beginning new Bible studies.

3. What sound lulls you to sleep?
A- I do not have problems falling asleep. But given my choice, I love the sounds of slowly falling rain and soft music playing in the background.

4. September is National Preparedness Month...does your family have an emergency 'kit' and/or disaster plan in place?
A- No, unfortunately we do not have any sort of plan prepared. At one point we had an emergency kit but I don't think we have that anymore.

5. How has your blog changed since you started blogging? Or has it?
A- YES...I first started blogging while homeschooling so that blog was basically about our homeschool adventure. At that time I used wordpress later changing to blogger. I did have two blogger blogs, one was for reviews and the other (this one) was/is  for my hearts desire.

6. What's something you've recently learned to do on the computer?
A- I recently received an invite for Pinterest and love it!

7. Is a picture worth a thousand words? Elaborate.
A- Sometimes. It can bring a feeling of connection.

8. Insert your own random thought here.
A- We had a wonderful Labor Day weekend! On Saturday our family went to Celebrate Freedom in Atlanta. Celebrate Freedom is literally an all day free concert with several Christian artists. Two of the featured artists were Newsboys and Switchfoot.

Comments

blueviolet said…
Pinterest is a lot of fun, isn't it? I don't spend too much time there, but I sure like it. You've just reminded me that I don't have an emergency kit OR a first aid kit anymore.
JamericanSpice said…
I love your answers.
It's so true, if kids only realize how much life they have and try to make the best choices without taken presssure from peers.

And I don't have any problems falling asleep either. I will go lights out in seconds :)

Now I need to look up pinterest.

Aloha!
I have never in my life switched over my clothes for seasons. Your Labor Day weekend sounds like it was wonderful. Enjoy the rest of your week.
LynnMarie said…
I love the fall colors but the weight of the material is something I do not like at all. Sometimes the material is just too heavy. Your Labor Day sounded fun.
Sue said…
I'm with Jamerican Spice - I'm looking up Pinterest, I have no idea what that is.

Have a great day!
Amy said…
Wow a home school blog.. Love you advise for a 21 year old. I am glad I waited to have my children until I was in my 30's it worked better.. I hope you have a great night..
Joyce said…
I love Switchfoot and Newsboys both...sounds like a fun day!

I'm loving Pinterest...I'm at Joyce Daley.
auburnchick said…
I've heard a lot about Pinterest, but I refuse to get sucked in!!! After my experience with Plurk, I-will-avoid-the-temptation. :D
Amiee said…
I got married when I was 20, and I don't regret it. I realize that it is not the best thing for everyone, but it has worked for us :)

I haven't gotten involved with Pinterest yet. I'm afraid of getting too addicted to it!
Godsgalnj said…
Enjoyed your answers! :)

I'm not 21 yet and wish I could travel and go places.. and I might actually go sometime next year if I could to maybe a central american country.

Glad to hear you had a great Labor day! =D

Popular posts from this blog

HodgePodge Wednesday (August 3)