His Word Friday (September 9)
(34) And Jesus called (to Him) the throng with His disciples and said to them, If anyone intends to come after Me, let him deny himself (forget, ignore, disown, and lose sight of himself and his own interests) and take up his cross, and (joining Me as a disciple and siding with my party) follow with Me (continually, cleaving steadfastly to Me).
(35) For whoever wants to save his (higher spiritual, eternal) life, will lose it (the lower, natural, temporal life which is lived only on earth); and whoever gives up his life (which is lived only on earth); for My sake and the Gospel's will save it (his higher spiritual life in the eternal kingdom of God).
(36) For what does it profit a man to gain the whole world, and forfeit his life (in the eternal kingdom of God)?
(37) For what can a man give as an exchange (a compensation, a ransom in return) for his (blessed) life (in the eternal kingdom of God)?
(38) For whoever is ashamed (here and now) of Me and My words in this adulterous (unfaithful) and (preeminently) sinful generation, of him will the Son of Man also be ashamed when He comes in the glory (splendor and majesty) of His Father with the holy angels.
(Mark 8: 34-38 AMP)
(21) For when the world with all its earthly wisdom failed to perceive and recognize and know God by means of its own philosophy, God in His wisdom was pleased through the foolishness of preaching (salvation, procured by Christ and to be had through Him), to save those who believed (who clung to and trusted in and relied on Him).
(31) So then, as it is written, Let him who boasts and proudly rejoices and glories, boast and proudly rejoice and glory in the Lord.
(I Corinthians 1: 21, 31 AMP)
This meme hosted by Nicole is for sharing God's Word through verse, chapter or passage.
For more participants please visit Nicole at Coming Alive in Christ.