Wednesday HodgePodge (August 31)


If you would like to participate please visit Joyce by clicking on the button.

1. Do you think the world became a more dangerous place on September 11, 2001 or are we just more aware of the danger? How has your own life changed as a result of that day?
A- I think we had our head in the clouds prior to 9/11. The country as a whole has become more aware of danger. As for how has my life changed, I believe I became less naive that day.

2. Did you think your parents were too strict when you were growing up? How about in hindsight?
A- Growing up I thought my mom was way too strict and I had my dad wrapped around my finger. In hindsight I wish I had paid more attention to my mom, it would have saved me a lot of heartache.

3. Share one random but candid fact about yourself.
A- I love to cook from recipes, a little too much maybe. When it comes to simple cooking, like boiling an egg, I have to ask hubs how to do it.


4. Would your nearest and dearest describe you as simple or far too complicated? 
A- ok, I didn't know the answer to this so I asked my nearest and dearest (the hubs) and his first answer was I'm simply complicated.  But then he said I'm simple.

5. What is your favorite stadium or carnival food? 
A- I love funnel cakes with extra powdered sugar.

6. Tornado, hurricane, earthquake...how many of these natural disasters have you experienced? Which do you think would be the scariest?
A- I have experienced the outskirts of a hurricane, with creeks rising ferociously, and the calm, before the storm of a tornado, but never an earthquake.  Which do I think is the worst? A tornado

7. Labor day weekend is approaching so a work related question seems appropriate. Growing up, did your parents assign you regular chores? Were you paid for doing those chores. If you're a parent do you assign chores to your own children? Why or why not? 
A- When I was a young child my mom tried to assign chores which I was always reluctant to do. In my teens I was paid for every chore I did. Truth be told, my sister had the brunt of the chores to do and she still enjoys cleaning. As for me, I can't say that I enjoy cleaning.

8. Insert your own random thought here. 
A- I'm looking forward to going to an all day Christian concert this Saturday with my family.

Enhanced by Zemanta

13 comments:

LynnMarie said...

I do like to clean and I love the smell of a clean house!The problem is I have to do it early in the morning because if I wait till late afternoon, I've lost the desire to start! I will get up at 4am just to wash floors - I know, nuts! Have fun at the all day concert.

Godsgalnj said...

I loved your answers to this! :) Especially the "simply complicated" one... that's me, too! lol! :)

I like this - I think I'll join in for the hodgepodge this week! :)

Godsgalnj said...

Oh - it'd be nice if I finished the previous comment before sending it, right? I think that your answer to the first one is SO true. I hope you have tons of fun with the concert! :) Three more days! :)

Nel said...

Enjoyed your answers! I can't get over me forgetting funnel cakes...jeesh!
Thanks for your kind comments about my photo blog.
And the all day concert sounds wonderful. I wanted to go to the concerts at SDC in Branson, but it just didnt work out this year.
Hope you have a great week!

until next time... nel

Joyce said...

I had chores as a kid but I can't say I enjoy cleaning either : )

Thena said...

#8 sounds like alot of fun in which I'm sure it will be.
Enjoy!!!

Debby@Just Breathe said...

Yummy Funnel Cakes. I just wish we could have a warning with the earthquakes.

auburnchick said...

Have fun at the concert! I spent last Friday evening and all day Saturday at Christian concerts (check out my blog for pictures). What a wonderful, uplifting time!!

Expats Again said...

I have never had a funnel cake. Best try one.

Sarah (Nikki) said...

love your hodge podge of answers to these questions. Love that you have to ask hubs how to boil an egg...too funny. As for me..never been in a tornado, etc. and think it would be awful and exciting at the same time.

Misty said...

Loved this post, thanks for sharing. Also loved #8. I went to a Christian concert of sorts, went to see Jason Upton on Saturday and Sunday. Sometimes you just need a good pick me up after a long month!

Blessings,
Misty

Amiee said...

I love that! I'm "simply complicated" too ;)

I think that cleaning is a necessary part of life, but I don't enjoy it!

Sue said...

Hope you are enjoying your weekend :)

I need recipes too :)