Wednesday HodgePodge (August 31)
If you would like to participate please visit Joyce by clicking on the button.
1. Do you think the world became a more dangerous place on September 11, 2001 or are we just more aware of the danger? How has your own life changed as a result of that day?
A- I think we had our head in the clouds prior to 9/11. The country as a whole has become more aware of danger. As for how has my life changed, I believe I became less naive that day.
2. Did you think your parents were too strict when you were growing up? How about in hindsight?
A- Growing up I thought my mom was way too strict and I had my dad wrapped around my finger. In hindsight I wish I had paid more attention to my mom, it would have saved me a lot of heartache.
3. Share one random but candid fact about yourself.
A- I love to cook from recipes, a little too much maybe. When it comes to simple cooking, like boiling an egg, I have to ask hubs how to do it.
4. Would your nearest and dearest describe you as simple or far too complicated?
A- ok, I didn't know the answer to this so I asked my nearest and dearest (the hubs) and his first answer was I'm simply complicated. But then he said I'm simple.
5. What is your favorite stadium or carnival food?
A- I love funnel cakes with extra powdered sugar.
6. Tornado, hurricane, earthquake...how many of these natural disasters have you experienced? Which do you think would be the scariest?
A- I have experienced the outskirts of a hurricane, with creeks rising ferociously, and the calm, before the storm of a tornado, but never an earthquake. Which do I think is the worst? A tornado
7. Labor day weekend is approaching so a work related question seems appropriate. Growing up, did your parents assign you regular chores? Were you paid for doing those chores. If you're a parent do you assign chores to your own children? Why or why not?
A- When I was a young child my mom tried to assign chores which I was always reluctant to do. In my teens I was paid for every chore I did. Truth be told, my sister had the brunt of the chores to do and she still enjoys cleaning. As for me, I can't say that I enjoy cleaning.
8. Insert your own random thought here.
A- I'm looking forward to going to an all day Christian concert this Saturday with my family.