Wednesday HodgePodge (August 24)


If you would like to participate please visit Joyce by clicking on the button.


1. What is something that bothers you if its not done perfectly?
A- Washing pots and pans.  When I get ready to cook I do not want to find food in the pan I'm cooking with. That kind of ruins my whole appetite.

2. Do you think a 6th sense exists? Explain.
A- I don't know about a 6th sense but some people seem to have instincts about certain things.

3. Do you say your goodbyes slowly, quickly, or not at all?
A- It depends on who I'm saying goodbye to. If it's a close friend or family member I will say it slowly. If it's an acquaintance I'll say it quicker. I think it's rude to not say good-bye at all.

4. On a scale of 1-10, with 10 being hot hot hot, what level of spice do you like in your food? What is your favorite spicy dish?
A- I would say a 2 and my favorite dish would be a taco salad. Although that is subject to change.

 5. What is one of your all time favorite commercial jingles?
A-


6. Plane, train, boat or auto...your preferred method of travel?
A- I'm not sure which is my favorite method of travel, so I'll break this down.
I have been on a small plane and loved it. I have been on a small touristy train that only traveled between two towns and I enjoyed that. However I have never been on a jet or Amtrak.
I would not like sitting on a slow boat going nowhere for hours. However, I believe I would like being on a cruise.
As for autos? Although I used to love the thrill of driving, especially driving fast, I am seeing more and more people driving carelessly. Even though I may feel I'm driving carefully it's the other driver that scares me. I have seen too many near accidents because someone is using their cell phone. In fact the hubs and I have been run off the road by someone going through a stop sign. They didn't stop and it seemed as if they never saw us or the stop sign. They just kept driving.

7. What is something you take for granted?
A- My health. I am in rather good health except for the Diabetes 2. I eat more sweets than I should and one day I'll pay for it. I do try to exercise on a regular basis.

8. Insert your own random thought here.
A- I am so very proud of my son. He is taking Honors French this year and scored a 92 on his first quiz. He was one of the highest in the class. 
Enhanced by Zemanta

14 comments:

Godsgalnj said...

Enjoyed your answers! :) And happy for your son! =D

Word Nerd said...

Three cheers for your son! :O)

Joyce said...

We have just returned from a road trip and the whole phone thing is absolutely out of control. Normally its people driving fast who are suddenly down to 25 mph on the interstate. It's like they forget they're driving. Scary!

Stacy Lynn said...

Congrats to your son!

Expats Again said...

You have a right to be proud of your son. I am taking a foreign language, German, and it is really difficult. Congratulations to your son!

auburnchick said...

Congratulations to your son! My nephew struggled in his French class last year, so I am keenly aware of what an accomplishment your son's quiz grade is!!

BTW, cruise ships are so much fun! I went on an Alaskan cruise this past summer and totally recommend it!

Nicole said...

This is a cute idea! Loved the questions and answers.

YAY for your son!!! I am sure you are very proud of him!!

Amiee said...

Congrats to your son :) I took three years of French in high school, and I hardly remember any of it. I should have taken Spanish. At least I would have the opportunity to use it!

LynnMarie said...

Congrats on your son! Love the fall leaves on your blog but I really want to hang on to summer for bit longer. Oh Yes, Mikey eats anything! I wonder if he still does?

Debby@Just Breathe said...

Learned a few more things about you. Honors French, that is awesome! I never took a language.
Enjoy the rest of your week.

blueviolet said...

That Mikey commercial is so great. Those chubby cheeks and pretty eyes...what a doll.

I like about a 5 or 6 spicy level, I think and I definitely believe a mother's gut instincts are something a father just doesn't have. I always follow my gut, and it's never failed me.

Sarah (Nikki) said...

love reading your answers...and about that 6th sense..I believe in instinct....sometimes you just sense a need to talk to someone....you call and they breath a sign saying I wanted to talk so badly to you....

Touche to your son.....you sound like a proud mom and you have every right to be....

Sue said...

cool - I remember that commercial. I don't really like spicy at all.

Congrats to your son on his french class :)

Ma What's 4 dinner said...

Mikey likes it!!! I love it!

Lots of yummy love,
Alex aka Ma What's For Dinner
www.mawhats4dinner.com