Wednesday HodgePodge (August 17)
If you would like to participate please visit Joyce by clicking on the button.
1. Using what's in your frig right now what sort of meal would you be able to make for guests who are knocking at the front door this very minute?
A- Right now we are running low as we do our grocery shopping on Thursdays. A few things I could fix are: Spaghetti with meatballs, Salami sandwiches, or Hotdogs with vegy's. We would usually have hotdogs and french fries, but we are out of fries.
2. What is something about yourself that you hope will change but that probably never will?
A- I tend to be an introvert until I get to know someone. It's hard getting to know someone when you are an introvert.
3. What's something about yourself that you hope will never change?
A- My love for God, the Bible and family.
4. Do you usually send serious or funny greeting cards? Why?
A- It depends on who I am sending them to. My dad was a practical joker so I sent him funny cards when he was alive. My mom is more on the serious side so I send her serious cards.
5. Bird watching, shell gathering, or star gazing- your choice for whiling away the hours?
A- It's been a while since I have star gazed or collected shells. However, I exercise with the blinds open so I can watch the birds (and the squirrels). My most favorite pastime is collecting shells. But since I haven't been to the beach in ages that has to be lower on the list.
6. Do you double or triple check things? If so, what?
A- Is it an age thing? When I was younger I rarely checked a second or third time. Now I check and re-check the oven/stove. I've even been known to call home and ask if I turned them off. I also double and triple check when I am packing for a trip.
7. What's your favorite place for people watching?
A- I am not much into people watching.
8. Insert your own random thought here.
A- I enjoyed my mini-vacation with my friend last week. We ate out several times, got a treat at Books-A-Million, saw the movie `The Help`, bought matching pocketbooks at Cracker Barrel, she bought me a southern cookbook and in-between times we relaxed in the hotel.