Wednesday HodgePodge (August 17)


If you would like to participate please visit Joyce by clicking on the button.

1. Using what's in your frig right now what sort of meal would you be able to make for guests who are knocking at the front door this very minute?
A- Right now we are running low as we do our grocery shopping on Thursdays. A few things I could fix are: Spaghetti with meatballs, Salami sandwiches, or Hotdogs with vegy's. We would usually have hotdogs and french fries, but we are out of fries.


2. What is something about yourself that you hope will change but that probably never will? 
A- I tend to be an introvert until I get to know someone. It's hard getting to know someone when you are an introvert.

3. What's something about yourself that you hope will never change? 
A- My love for God, the Bible and family.

4. Do you usually send serious or funny greeting cards? Why? 
A- It depends on who I am sending them to. My dad was a practical joker so I sent him funny cards when he was alive. My mom is more on the serious side so I send her serious cards. 


5. Bird watching, shell gathering, or star gazing- your choice for whiling away the hours? 
A- It's been a while since I have star gazed or collected shells. However, I exercise with the blinds open so I can watch the birds (and the squirrels). My most favorite pastime is collecting shells. But since I haven't been to the beach in ages that has to be lower on the list.


6. Do you double or triple check things? If so, what?
A- Is it an age thing? When I was younger I rarely checked a second or third time. Now I check and re-check the oven/stove. I've even been known to call home and ask if I turned them off. I also double and triple check when I am packing for a trip.

7. What's your favorite place for people watching? 
A- I am not much into people watching.

8. Insert your own random thought here.
A- I enjoyed my mini-vacation with my friend last week. We ate out several times, got a treat at Books-A-Million, saw the movie `The Help`, bought matching pocketbooks at Cracker Barrel, she bought me a southern cookbook and in-between times we relaxed in the hotel.

 

Enhanced by Zemanta

Comments

Joyce said…
Spaghetti is a good answer-I always have the ingredients for that. Glad you enjoyed your get away!
Thena said…
Sounds like you had a nice mini-vacation. Keep hearing how great the movie is. Must see it soon.
Kathy said…
I'm a bit of an introvert, too. It's hard, people think I'm "stuck up"...

Your get away with your friend sounds like fun. I love Cracker Barrel--eating and shopping.

I recently ordered the book, The Help. Can't wait to read it!
Stacy Lynn said…
Your mini-vacation sounds perfect! Books and Cracker Barrel would definitely work for me. :)

I'm quiet, too, believe it or not, until I get to know people well and feel comfortable with them and wish I was a little less so.
Alexis AKA MOM said…
hehe right now I doubt I could make anything amazing with what is in the fridge ... lol

I do the same i like to double check things.
I liked reading these things about you! I could whip up a pretty good meal right now out of my fridge, but I do have to get to the grocery store.

For the record, I'm a funny greeting card kind of girl.

Lots of yummy love,
Alex aka Ma, What's For Dinner
www.mawhats4dinner.com
I used to get really nervous about leaving the stove on and would double / triple check it on top of worrying myself to death when I was away from home. Then I realized, the stove doesn't know I left the house and it doesn't burst into flames when I'm in the house ~ so why would it all of a sudden do it when I left??

I haven't worried about it since ;-)
EmptyNester said…
I've always been anal about checking and double checking everything! Even when I was growing up. Odd, right?

My mother is the absolute best at picking out cards. She spends a lot of time finding just the right ones. I just don't have that kind of patience.
LynnMarie said…
I like any type of pasta so it sounds good to me. I'm on my way. Glad you got the mini vacation.
Lisa notes... said…
I am so low on groceries too. Must go shopping tomorrow! Hot dogs and French fries sound pretty yummy to me.

Glad you enjoyed your mini-vacation last week. I want to see The Help soon!
Amiee said…
I want to see "The Help" too! I read the book, and it was a real page turner.

LOL, Donna, about the stove. HA!
auburnchick said…
I think the older we get, the less we trust our memories...hence the double and triple checking.

Sounds like you had a wonderful time with your friend! LOVE that!!!
Godsgalnj said…
My mom does that - with the garage door! I can't tell you how many times we turned around as we were driving away and went back to check lol. It's good to double check :)

I'm glad you enjoyed your time away with your friend - sounds like it was a great one! :)
Sue said…
Sounds like you had a nice mini-vacation.
Melinda said…
Had to laugh at your double and triple checking things! It must be an age thing - I'm doing it all the time now!
Stephani said…
I'm a bit of introver too. Maybe that's why I like blogging so much! I used to be painfully shy, but I have grown out of it quite a bit. I do much better these days! Great that you exercise! I'm bad about that these days!
blueviolet said…
I just adore watching the birds too. I never thought I would like that, but I sure do!

I'm quite shy when I first meet someone too. I have to feel like I can trust them before I let go. :)
Enjoyed reading your answers. I've never been one to double check items in the house, only my lists!
Sounds like a perfect weekend with your friend. I need to push myself out of the house this week to see The Help.

Popular Posts