Hodgepodge Wednesday (July 20)


If you would like to participate please visit Joyce by clicking on the button.

1. July 20th marks the anniversary of the first time man stood on the moon. Flash forward 42 years to July 8, 2011 which marked the start of the final Space Shuttle mission. Should we continue to explore space? Should nations devote more or fewer of their resources to exploring space? Would you want to go into space if the opportunity arose?
A- I believe it would be fun to go to the moon. However I believe we should pay off our debt first.

2. What are three things in your freezer?
A- chicken, ice, stew meat

3. If you could see any band/artist perform live tonite who would it be? It has to be someone living-no Beatles, Elvis, etc.


4. Ice-cubed or crushed? Or are you one of those people who don't like ice?
A- crushed

5. The owner of a small restaurant outside of Pittsburgh recently announced he was banning children under six, saying they regularly disrupted other customer's meals. You can read the story here in more detail but isn't this a perfect topic to discuss in our Wednesday Hodgepodge? Have at it friends...what are your thoughts?
A- I think the owner should be able to ban anyone who always makes a disturbance, no matter what their age.
We would take our boys to nice restaurants and expect them to behave. Otherwise we would take them out.


6. What was your first car? How did it come to be yours?
A- I don't remember what my first car was. But my favorite car was my Pontiac T1000. It was a brand new car, not just new-to-me but I was the first owner. I was very proud of that car til I totaled it.

7. If I had a nickel for every time I `sat down to play on my computer` I'd be rich.

8. Insert your own random thought here. 
A- I need a nap


9 comments:

Sherrie said...

Hi!
Love the answer to #7. Didn't even think of that one. Have a great day!

Sherrie
Food for Thought

auburnchick said...

I totally agree with your answer for #1!!

Love that Chris Tomlin song. I live on Florida's Gulf Coast, and last year, BP paid for my tourism council to host a series of concerts. Chris Tomlin came and played on the beach, singing this song as one in his playlist. Oh my word. It was so powerful!

Joyce said...

I love Chris Tomlin too...would love to see him perform live.

Naps might be my love language : )

Alexis AKA MOM said...

Oh I LOVE LOVE that song!!!

Your freezer is the same as mine :)

Nap now that would be nice :)

Debby@Just Breathe said...

I agree with you on #5 but he isn't even letting them in to begin with. I agree with #1 but like I told Kathy today I don't believe they will do it. They will continue to give our money to foreign countries or banks who party with it! Okay, you can take your nap now....

Godsgalnj said...

Loved all your answers - especially the last one, haahaha :) I love Chris Tomlin and I think I'd choose him, too :)

blueviolet said...

I wish we could collect on that nickel thing! I'm with you about the restaurant. It doesn't bother me one bit that he doesn't want children under 6 there!

Amiee said...

I love taking naps, but I haven't been able to lately :( I'm feeling it!

Sue said...

I kinda feel sad they aren't going into space any more. Seems weird to me - when they kept saying it was the last time for the shuttle.