Wednesday Hodgepodge - St. Patrick's Style


If you would like to participate please visit Joyce by clicking on the button.

1. What would you do if you found a pot of gold? Let's pretend that pot of gold is worth exactly $1500 (which would actually be more like a cup of gold at current values). Anyway, let's also pretend you have to spend it as opposed to making a donation somewhere. Now, tell me what you would do with that
cup
pot of gold?
A- I would most definitely put it towards our bills, aiming at becoming debt-free.


2. Do you celebrate St. Patrick's Day in any way, shape, or form?
A- When I was a child I always made sure I wore green. Now I don't really celebrate it but try to remind my boys to wear green. Just so they won't get pinched.

3. Have you been bitten by the Spring Cleaning bug? What spring cleaning job most needs doing at your house? What spring cleaning job are you most dreading?
A- I am trying to do a bit of organizing. That is what really needs doing the most. I have several binders loaded with papers I no longer need or use.


4. lime-shamrock-sage-forest....your favorite shade of green?
A- I'm not a great fan of green.

5. Thomas Jefferson once said, "I'm a great believer in luck, and I find the harder I work the more I have of it." So... do you believe in luck or do you believe we make our own luck?
A- I do not believe in luck or coincidence. I believe God's hand is at work. If I try to make my own luck I'll certainly mess it up.

6. Monday (3/14) was Pi Day. Get it? 3/14 is Pi Day. Those math types are so clever, aren't they? Since I'm not one of them tell me what's your favorite piE (the edible kind)?
A- Coconut cream

7. That same date (3/14) was also the birth date of the late physicist, Albert Einstein. I bet he knew the value of pi. What do you think is more important and/or valuable in life...intelligence or common sense?
A- Intelligence sure helps but without common sense you may as well forget it.

8. Insert your own random thought here...
A- I am so thankful God cares about the big and little. What a miracle it is to have found the sweet baby alive, that had been swept away from her parents in Japan, and be reunited safe and sound.

Comments

auburnchick said…
You and I share the same sentiments regarding question #5. I am so afraid that I'm going to mess things up if I try to make my own thing happen. Ultimately, God's way prevails, though!
Mary said…
Coconut cream pie: YUM!
We lived in Dalton, and the name of the restaurant with the pies was the Spiced Apple. I don't believe it's there anymore. The Peanut Butter Pie was from Big John's...don't think that's there anymore, either. :(
Amy said…
Organizing seems to be the biggest spring cleaning task...just going through all the STUFF from the past year. Good luck with your tasks!!
Expats Again said…
Praise God that baby was reunited with her family.
LynnMarie said…
You know I do not think I have ever had Coconut cream pie! I will have to give that a try. Sounds like a summer pie to me. Glad I stopped by.
Cathy said…
Amen, amen on #5 and I forgot all about coconut pie! Love it.
Joyce said…
Lots of coconut cream pie fans in the HP today-me included : )

So glad to hear of a bright spot amidst all the tragedy!
Jocelyn said…
I completely agree with #7!! =)
Amy said…
I am trying to get some Spring cleaning in. I have done a little bit here and there..

Have a great weekend..
I'm still praying for more miracles to show up in Japan.
My husbands favorite is Coconut Cream. I said berry but I like most pies! We don't do anything on St.Patrick's day. I did have a beer! Have a wonderful weekend.
I've been bitten by the spring clean bug and I would out my money towards bills too!

Popular posts from this blog

His Word Friday (October 14)