Wednesday Hodgepodge - April Fool's Style


If you would like to participate please visit Joyce by clicking on the button.

1.  April rolls in at the end of this week and in celebration of that infamous date (April 1) answer this question-what is something foolish you've done?
A- My boys say I am very gullible. So they decided to play a trick on me and tell me `gullible` is not in the dictionary. As someone who is gullible I started to look it up to see if they were right. Then it dawned on me they were playing a trick.


2. With April comes Easter and that classic edible treat known as Peeps...so tell me...what's your favorite way to eat/fix chicken? That's wasn't what you were expecting was it? I 'fooled' you. teehee
A- My favorite way to eat chicken is fried. However since I don't usually fry food -too messy- I only get it when someone else fixes it. I like to cook chicken casseroles.


3. What's the best museum you've ever visited? Or your favorite? Or the one you'd most like to visit?
A- I love visiting museums, even tho the last time I went was when our boys were young. I believe my very favorite one was the South Carolina State Museum.


4. You know what they say about April showers....what's your preference-a bath or a shower?
A- I love a nice hot shower. I don't take tub baths.


5. "Absence makes the heart grow fonder"-fact or fiction? Why?
A- I'm really not sure.


6. What's your favorite product made/grown in your home state/province?
A- Pecans


7. What is going on in the world today that affects you the most?
A- The Economic Climate!!  My hubby hasn't had a raise in three years. We can really feel it with the cost of everything rising. They are downsizing at hubby's work, so I am thankful he still has a job.


8. Insert your own random thought here.
A-I am looking forward to the 2011 Ultimate Blog Party!!

Ultimate Blog Party 2011

13 comments:

blueviolet said...

Your gullible moment cracked me up!

I have never tried a pecan!

Joyce said...

I loved your gullible moment-that was cute! We're entertaining to our kids : )

I'm going to check out the blog party too!

Melissa said...

My hubby hasn't had a raise in 3 years either...but God has blessed us despite that and we are doing fairly well. With the exception of the situation with our old house...but that is a WHOLE other complicated story! Trying to not be anxious about that...and probably should have put that as my answer to #7...but at that time I was writing I wasn't thinking about the house. It's better that way, sometimes...to not think about it!

Lorie@The Midlife Housewife said...

I'm with you on the economy. My hubby hasn't had a raise in years either.

LOVE pecans. My dad is from SC and we visit there as often as possible.

Going to check out the blog party.

Blessings

Nanato4 said...

It seems that everyone is concerned about rising costs ... I think everyone answer pretty much the same to #7.

Have a blessed week!

Amy said...

I do not like playing jokes and I do fall for a lot..
I love the Ultimate Blog Party.. I will be out of town this year though.. I loved your childhood memory thanks for sharing..

Expats Again said...

No pecans available here in Munich. I bring them back each time I go home.

auburnchick said...

My husband grew up on Columbia, SC. We visited a museum there once. Wonder if it was the same one you mentioned. Hmmm...

Jocelyn said...

oooo this was a fun one! LOVED #1 lol... I'm gullible, too. haha.

LivinOurDash said...

Oooo, thanks for the reminder! My son always expects to be fooled in a big way on April 1. I guess I better get planning!

queenofcrazy said...

Oh I hear you on not frying things. I'm way too lazy to fry my own chicken! Oh and I love me some pecans too :)

Cathy said...

I put fried chicken too. Paula Deens' recipe to be specific. We don't have it often, but it's wonderful and hubby is the one that cooks it....which makes it even better! haha

Debby@Just Breathe said...

Enjoyed reading your answers to the questions. I have never fried chicken, my husband never liked the smell in the house. I do not like April Fool's Day, I dislike being had!!