Wear Red Day

Paula Abdul in red dress. For the National Hea...Image via Wikipedia
February 4 is National Wear Red Day in honor of Women's Health Week (February 1 - 7).
No matter what your age you should begin now by getting a basic baseline of your health.

Prevention Tips:
Check your family history of heart disease.
Don't smoke and stay away from second hand smoke.
Drink in moderation.
Choose foods with low sodium.
Control high blood pressure.

Eat Well:
Fruits and vegetables
Fiber-rich, whole grains
Foods low in saturated and trans fats
Choose lean meat
Stay away from added sugars

Be Active:
Exercise regularly
Walk regularly (take stairs when possible)

Resources to share
Keep The Beat Cookbook
Go Red For Women

Disclaimer: I gained this information from American Heart Association through the BlogEnergizer program. I was not compensated in any way.
Enhanced by Zemanta

Comments

Amy said…
Thanks I will be wearing my Red.. Have a great day..
Alexis AKA MOM said…
I work from home but I'll make sure to be wearing red pj's! Thanks for all the tips that is great!
Penelope said…
Thanks for the info!
Nanato4 said…
Thanks for the information ... and the reminder to wear red on Friday.

Have a wonderful Wednesday!
blueviolet said…
I have a little red dress pin I'll be wearing, and since heart disease runs in my family, this is important to me! Thanks for sharing!
I'm going out today but I don't really own a red top.
shopannies said…
thanks for sharing this just changed my plans on what I would be wearing tommorow
Godsgalnj said…
just finished taking my clothes out for tomorrow - looks like I'll be wearing red tomorrow!
JamericanSpice said…
My favorite color.

This is a wonderful post. We definitely need to take care of ourselves.

Popular Posts