February 19 is Chocolate Mint Day

 Many people love chocolate, and for good reason.
There may be several health benefits of eating (dark) chocolate.

(1) Flavoniods act as antioxidants
(2) Antioxidants slow aging
(3) Dark Chocolate may help lower blood pressure
(4) Dark Chocolate may help ease emotional stress

Types of Chocolate:
(1) Dark Chocolate (plain chocolate)
(2) Semi-sweet Chocolate
(3) Bittersweet Chocolate (unsweet chocolate)
(4) Milk Chocolate
(5) White Chocolate
(6) Cocoa Powder
(7) Compound Chocolate



Disclaimer: This article is not intended to provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment.
This information was gained from Wikipedia, About.com, WebMD and Medical News Today

7 comments:

Godsgalnj said...

Not too fond of dark chocolate, but I do like the health benefits of dark chocolate - might start substituting dark for milk if I have the strength to tear myself away from my favorite milk chocolate, lol.

LivinOurDash said...

Mmmm! I love mint chocolate! Dark chocolate with mint was the first way I was able to start eating dark chocolate.

Sue said...

Not a big fan of "mint" chocolate. But like regular chocolate. Everyday should be chocolate day!

Debbie said...

My husband hates mint chocolate. Weird, huh?

Amy said...

I love chocolate. The baby does not care for it so I miss it. I get sick and out it comes. I know gross. Sorry. I leave it up to you to enjoy it for me. I will be back to it soon!

Alexis AKA MOM said...

See and so many say not to eat it! I knew there was some good, all in moderation! Now to learn that :)

blueviolet said...

I ADORE chocolate and mint together!!!!