Winnie the Pooh Day

January 18 is Winnie the Pooh day.

Facts about the Tubby Little Cubby:
(1) A fictional anthropomorphic bear
(2) Creator A.A. Milne
(3) Pooh stories have been translated into many languages.
(4) Named after a toy bear belonging to the creator's son
(5) Pooh's friends include Piglet, Eeyore, Kanga & Roo.
(6) The setting of the Pooh Bear stories is Ashdown Forest in East Sussex, England

Pooh Bear Quotes:
(1) If there ever comes a day when we can't be together keep me in your heart, I'll stay there forever.
-- Winnie the Pooh

(2)  I am a Bear of Very Little Brain, and long words bother me.
-- Winnie the Pooh

(3) Don't underestimate the value of Doing Nothing, of just going along, listening to all the things you can't hear, and not bothering.
-- Piglet, Pooh's Little Instruction Book, inspired by A. A. Milne


(4) My spelling is Wobbly. It's good spelling but it Wobbles, and the letters get in the wrong places.
-- Winnie the Pooh

Winnie The Pooh (song)
From Winnie The Pooh and the Honey Tree
Written by: Richard M. Sherman and Robert B. Sherman


Deep in the hundred acre wood where Christopher Robin plays
You'll find the enchanted neighborhood of Christopher's childhood days
A donkey named Eeyore is his friend and Kanga and little Roo
There's Rabbit and Piglet and there's Owl, but most of all Winnie the Pooh

Winnie the Pooh
Winnie the Pooh
Tubby little cubby all stuffed with fluff
He's Winnie the Pooh
Winnie the Pooh
Willy nilly silly old bear

Winnie the Pooh
Winnie the Pooh
Tubby little cubby all stuffed with fluff
He's Winnie the Pooh
Winnie the Pooh
Willy nilly silly old bear
 

Comments

Thanks for all the information, I didn't know any of it. Have a wonderful Winnie the Pooh day!
Amy said…
I did not know this.. I love Pooh and his friends. My favorite it Piglet.. Have a great day..
Godsgalnj said…
I was listening to the radio this morning where the morning show crew were discussing Winnie the Pooh. Such a cute, loveable, fun character! =)

Happy Winnie the Pooh day! =D
blueviolet said…
I love having a Winnie the Pooh day! He's just the cuddliest lil bear!
Holly said…
Oh...Winnie the Pooh is so cute! I am copying this song and sending it to my brother - he despises this song and we used to sing it to him all the time...Thanks for the memory!
Amy said…
Congrats on your win.. I got your address.. Thank you..
Pamela said…
My letter wobble, too, and end up in the wrong place. That's why my husband has to edit my writing--all that wobbling!
Oh such good memories! Love Winnie. Glad your kids liked the pizza! It's one of our favorites.

Lots of yummy love,
Alex aka Ma What's For Dinner
www.mawhats4dinner.com
LivinOurDash said…
I love the Pooh quotes!

Popular posts from this blog

HodgePodge Wednesday (August 3)