Wednesday Hodgepodge - Vol 11


If you would like to participate please visit Joyce by clicking on the button.

1. Will you watch the Super Bowl? If so who will you root for?
If you are outside the USA what is the 'big deal sporting event' in your own country?
A- I'll be watching because my guys will. I really don't care who wins.

2. Is ignorance bliss?
A- These are hard questions. Ignorance is bliss in some cases.

3. Which of the seven dwarfs are you? (and just in case your Disney is a little bit rusty, here they are-Bashful, Doc, Dopey, Grumpy, Happy, Sleepy, and Sneezy)
A- Either Sleepy or Sneezy

4. When you are riding in the car with another couple how do you organize the seating? (Men up front? Women up front? Couples sit together?) And thanks to Lori at Mountain Woman at Heart for the question! Everyone go say hi to Lori.
A- Couples sit together 

5. What is beauty?
A- Beauty could be so many things. A fluffy cat sleeping beside you, watching a sunset, love in a child's eyes, a newborn baby.

6. If someone asks you to bring an appetizer or a dessert to a party in their home, which would you choose?
A- Dessert

7. What is your crowd pleasing go-to appetizer?
A- Seven-layer salad

8. Insert your own random thought here. 
A- I'm looking forward to going to Bible study tonight. 
I am praising God for our new vehicle.  
I pray our son will be able to realize his dreams of being a Missionary. 

Comments

auburnchick said…
Wow! What amazing opportunities your son is going to have!! God is SO good!
LynnMarie said…
OHHHH 7 Layer salad - I've not had that in like YEARS! Maybe I'll make that for the game. Like your answers.
VandyJ said…
Haven't had seven layer salad--I have boys so we do veggie trays and hope they eat the carrots.
Debbie said…
I am always Sleepy! And dessert is my favorite course:)
Godsgalnj said…
Loved your answers - especially the one about the driving arrangements and the one about beauty!

Happy Wednesday! =)
Amy said…
Yeah...I have some of those guys at my house too. I like the sleepy and sneezy, you must have allergies or a cold...ha ha.

Great answers!!
Lea said…
Oh, haven't thought about 7 layer salad in a long time. It is so yummy! I don't know the first thing about football either and likely never will because I can't imagine all the hype about guys piling up all over each other. :o)

Thanks for stopping by today!
I'll be watching the superbowl too, but sad the whole time since my Pats are not playing!

Lots of yummy love,
Alex aka Ma What's For Dinner
www.mawhats4dinner.com

p.s. I used to have a button, I'll get a new one up soon and I'd love for you to put it on your site. Thanks!
I loved reading your answers. That salad sounds good. Keeping your son in my prayers. Always nice to come over and visit with you.
Mary said…
Very cool that your son wants to be a missionary! We need more people like him!
Thanks for stopping by! Also, thanks for the prayers for my friend.
Amy said…
I will be watching the Super Bowl for sure.. Yeah..
We usually sit guys together and the girls in backseat.
I am Happy, Doc and little bit of Dopey..
I love dessert also and seven layer salad rocks..

Hope you a nice night..
Kathy said…
I made it home from that dr's appointment, and am doing my blog visiting! What a day I had!!!
I agree with your answer about beauty, all of the things you listed are beautiful to me, too--and that seven layer salad sounds good, I haven't had any in a long time!
Thanks so much for stopping by to visit me, too. Until next time, Kathy
JamericanSpice said…
Interesting answer.
Yay for a new vehicle and I hope you have a blessed time at bible study lastnight.


1. If dh is here, we might watch together or if we get invited to a home or he might go out and watch somewhere.

2. Is ignorance bliss?
In some cases where knowing would not have changed anything.

3. I'm bashful

4. Couples sit together so they can share and whisper and pinch each other :)

5. What is beauty?
I agree with you.

6. essert

7. Drops (made in my country)

8. Insert your own random thought here.
I just learned something today about prayer that I hope will stay with me forever.
"" Elijah was a man just like us. He prayed earnestly that it would not rain, and it did not rain on the land for three and a half years. Again he prayed, and the heavens gave rain, and the earth produced its crops. – James 5:17-18

James brings a profound insight about prayer. Notice that Elijah is identified as a man like us. We often place our attention on the person who is praying, but this Scripture puts the emphasis on the fact that he prayed. In other words, we may think that it was Elijah that made the prayer powerful, but what if prayer was the force that made Elijah powerful? How much power do you think is in prayer? It can turn people like us into people like Elijah! Pray and watch what God will do!""
Beth E. said…
What a neat post! My hubby is a bigggg football fan and loves the Steelers. He's really hoping they win the Superbowl. I'm with you, though...I don't really care who wins! ;-)
Amy said…
Thanks for you kind words today..
#5 - So true, I agree. Hearts like yours are beautiful too.

Sending a praise and a prayer for your son and his future. That is wonderful!
Cathy said…
Love your answers to this weeks questions, and I was looking below. I didn't know there was such a thing as National Pie Day. I may have to get a piece of pie tomorrow and celebrate a little late. Ha

Popular Posts