Yes, I know I missed it but why not celebrate today!
You could make this a fun day by getting your kids to help you make one for yourselves or a neighbor.
Facts about the history of pies:
(1) National Pie Day was created by the American Pie Council®.
(2) The first pies were made by early Romans.
(3) Pie was a popular word in the 14th century.
(4) Tradition says fruit pies or tarts were made in the 1500's.
(5) Before fruit pies, there was mostly meat pies.
(6) English settlers first brought pies to America.
For information on who has the best pies in America click here
(scroll to bottom of page for 2009 - 2010 winners)
For more information on National Pie Day click here
Disclaimer: I gained this information through American Pie Council® using the BlogEnergizer program. I was not compensated in any way.