National Pie Day - January 23

I love a good Coconut Cream Pie and yesterday was National Pie Day.
Yes, I know I missed it but why not celebrate today!
You could make this a fun day by getting your kids to help you make one for yourselves or a neighbor.

Facts about the history of pies:
(1) National Pie Day was created by the American Pie Council®.
(2) The first pies were made by early Romans.
(3) Pie was a popular word in the 14th century.
(4) Tradition says fruit pies or tarts were made in the 1500's.
(5) Before fruit pies, there was mostly meat pies.
(6) English settlers first brought pies to America.

For information on who has the best pies in America click here
(scroll to bottom of page for 2009 - 2010 winners)

For more information on National Pie Day click here

Disclaimer: I gained this information through American Pie Council® using the BlogEnergizer program. I was not compensated in any way.

Comments

Melinda said…
We had a yummy chocolate raspberry pie to celebrate National Pie Day! It was just what I needed to beat these cold and grey January days!
Amy said…
I love cherry pie.. Be careful with your ice storms those are no fun at all..
Sheri said…
oh no wonder the pie/cheesecake was $3 off yesterday...ah, well National Pie day on my bday is a very good thing! :0)
blueviolet said…
I like the taste of that pie but just not the coconut itself! :) I DO love pie!
Lea said…
I had no idea there was a National Pie Day. Pies are my most favorite dessert, so I'm glad to know about this day. :o) Have a wonderful week!
I love apple pie with ice cream!

Is there a national cake day too?
Michelle said…
Anne,

National cake day would be good.
I'd vote for Pineapple-Upside Down cake.
Beth E. said…
I like a good coconut cream pie, too. It's about the only cream pie I like. I like fruit pies much better, with my mother's peach pie being my favorite!

Popular posts from this blog

HodgePodge Wednesday (August 3)