Wednesday Hodgepodge


This meme  is hosted by Joyce @ From This Side of the Pond.
Please visit Joyce for more participants.

1. Share your Christmas Eve traditions.
On Christmas Eve we traditionally open one present. Also one of our boys plays Santa and puts the presents under the tree, presents in the stockings, and leaves milk & cookies out for Santa. (which Dad gets to eat)

2. What was the best book you read in 2010?
`The Last Christian` by David Gregory (my review here

3. Do you have pets and if so do you allow them on the furniture?
Yes, we have 2 adult cats and 1 kitten. They are aloud on our furniture and they are aloud to sleep with us.

4. What event from 2010 are you most thankful for?
We were able to visit my mom for Thanksgiving. My dad passed away January 2010. I'm Thankful I still have my mom.

5. What did you do in 2010 that you'd never done before.
 I drove my hubby's Jeep. I don't like driving it because it has a lot of mechanical difficulties.

6. Brussels sprouts...friend or foe?
Friend

7. Who would you nominate for man/woman of the year?
My mother

8. Insert your own random thought here.
I'm wishing everyone a very Merry Christmas!!
  

12 comments:

Alicia said...

Hi Michelle! I love meme's like this! I think I will join in next week!! It really makes you feel like you know the blogger better!! LOL, we also let our pups on the couch, and my little one likes to sleep under the blankets in my bed!

Have a wonderful Christmas!!!

Kimberly said...

Hi Michelle, just stopping by to see your answers today!
Hope you have a Merry Christmas!

JamericanSpice said...

I love your Christmas Eve traditions :) And my condolences about your dad. I hope you have many wonderful years with your mom. *hug*

I wish my mom was with me to share.

Merry Christmas to you and yours.

Lea said...

Just stopping by from Hodgepodge. It's such fun reading everyone's different answers.

Heavenly blessings this Christmas season!

Alexis AKA MOM said...

Love this meme!

I love the open one present on Eve we always do that too! I used to wait for after breakfast too, but last year making the boys sit and wait was painful ... lol. So now I put the Christmas Casserole in the oven & let the boys open. Cole usually place the Santa pass out :)

I love the idea of still doing the large dinner, I may just have to take your queue and do it too :)

Merry Christmas my dear :)

Natalie A. said...

Hello! I just wanted to stop by and wish you a Merry Christmas! My animals are allowed on the couch as well! It's fun to open a present the night before Christmas! I'm sorry to hear about your dad this year! Treasure your time with your mom!

Happy Holidays!

Amy said...

Oh sorry to hear about your loss. Glad you got to spend time with your Mom. We do one present on Christmas Eve and that is p.j.'s. Brussels sprouts are no were close to being my friend.. I would nominate my Mom also and a few close friends.. Have a Merry Christmas too..

Christine said...

That's wonderful that you would nominate your mom! Go Mom!!!

Don't get how Brussels sprouts could be friend, but to each their own.

Thanks for stopping by my blog & Merry Christmas to you!!!

VandyJ said...

Merry Christmas!
And yes I do still ride and drive four wheelers. They're fun!

Debby@Just Breathe said...

How did I miss this yesterday. I lost my mother 28 years ago. I am thankful to have my father however he lives in Florida so I don't see him often but we talk all the time.
Have a Merry Christmas.

Joyce said...

My girls are in their 20s but Santa still wants a plate of cookies when he leaves the gifts : ). Glad you played along today... Merry Christmas!

Amy said...

Wishing you and your family a great holiday..