Book Meme


I came across this “book meme” at `Another Road To Ramble`…  I thought the questions were fun! Feel free to copy it to your blog and add your own answers. Let me know if you do. I’d love to know what you think!
Hardback or trade paperback or mass market paperback?
I think hardbacks are nicer, but paperbacks are easier to store.

Bookmark or dog-ear?

Bookmark -definitely. I hate dog-ear.

Alphabetize by author or alphabetize by title or random?
Definitely not random… but my system is not strictly alphabetical either. I group similar books together. My vintage readers are arranged by series. Picture books are more loosely organized, grouped by author, but arranged more by size than in alphabetical order. My novels are arranged by subject (historical, chick-lit, fantasy, thriller, etc.) with series together.

Keep, throw away or sell?
I rarely throw a book away– only if it’s in really bad shape or if it was too horrid for anyone to read. I keep way more than I should… but most often, I give books away.

Keep dust jacket or toss it?
Definitely keep the dust jacket. Especially if the cover under it is plain.

Last book you bought?
Joyce Meyer `Never Give Up`

Last book someone bought for you?
I can’t even remember. I seem to manage to keep myself so well-supplied with books that usually other people don’t buy them for me.

What are some of the books on your to-buy list?
I currently have so many books in my “to be read” stack that I don’t have a to-buy list right now.

Collection (short stories, same author) or anthology (short stories, different authors)?
I enjoy both.

Harry Potter, Lemony Snicket, or the velvety embrace of Death?
I think Harry Potter was over-rated. Lemony Snicket is just a little funny, but mostly depressing. And I’m not familiar with “the velvety embrace of Death.”

Morning reading, afternoon reading, or nighttime reading?
All throughout the day
The books you need to go with other books on your shelves?
I need #3 of Jan Karon’s series

Do you read anywhere and anytime you can or do you have a set reading time and/or place?
Anywhere, anytime, of course!
I always take a book to appointments

Do you have seasonal reading habits?
I don’t think so

Do you read one book at a time or do you have two or more books going at once?
I always have several going at once.

What are your pet peeves about the way people treat books?
My biggest pet peeve is if I recommend a book I know a particular person would really like and they never get around to reading it.

Name one book you surprised yourself by liking.
I can’t think of one. I don’t typically read books I think I won’t like. I often get into a book and realize I don’t like it… but I don’t pick up a book I think I won’t like and then end up liking it

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

His Word Friday (October 14)